Physical Therapy at Bella Vista Health Center
At the Bella Vista Health Center Physical Therapy Department, we provide evidence-based, outcome-driven services and therapy programs that are designed to relieve pain, restore function and enhance health.
Our Rehab patients benefit from our individual patient-centered approach that truly focuses on each person’s needs. These customized, one-on-one sessions provide an environment of healing and well-being for high-quality, comforting care.
In-House Physical Therapy programs
Our therapy programs are completely customizable to meet each patient’s unique needs. Following an initial evaluation, our experienced physical therapists develop an individualized treatment program that patients can easily attend to at home. Physical Therapy works to improve joint mobility and manage pain.
Physical Therapy Exercises & Methods
Methods and exercises used by our therapists to treat pain and discomfort, include:
Spinal Cord Injury
Active Resistance Exercises
Soft Tissue Mobilization
Muscle Tension Feedback
Proper body mechanics to prevent injury
Good posture education to maintain correct spinal alignment
Physical Therapy Treatments
Therapeutic Modalities and other equipment
The Bella Vista Health Center Physical Therapy Department uses the latest technological advancements in pain management. Below are some of the treatments we employ for patients suffering from physical discomfort and pain.
1. Therapeutic Ultrasound - a treatment modality commonly used in Physical Therapy. It provides deep heating to soft tissues in the body such as muscles, tendons, joints, and ligaments.
2. Electrical Stimulation (IFC/ TENS) - is a therapeutic treatment that applies electrical stimulation to treat muscle spasms and pain. It can help prevent the atrophy of muscles and build muscle strength in patients with injuries. It is also helpful in keeping muscles active, especially after any type of spinal cord injury or strokes.
3. Hot and Cold Packs - alternating heat and cold can ease discomfort in muscles and joints.
4. Biodex - is a specialized piece of equipment that tests your balance and is designed to help improve your balance as well.
Physical Therapy Techniques to improve balance and endurance
In order to achieve a full recovery, patients are paired with a program that works to train and build muscle. Each exercise and technique is practiced in slow increments with a therapist’s supervision to avoid injury or strain. Programs include:
1. Fall prevention and balance re-training programs.
2. Stability exercises using weights, Nu-step recumbent step bikes and Move-Mor lower body trainers.
3. Risk of fall assessment testing using standardized tests and Biodex.
4. Core strengthening program - Exercises to promote the ability to control your trunk, which is a key in maintaining balance during your daily activities.
5. Functional Activity Training - Functional balance exercises designed to promote safe independent activities of daily living.
6. Obstacle Negotiation Program - Exercises to promote safe negotiation of obstacles in the environment (curbs, stairs, inclines, uneven surfaces, etc.).
7. Gait Training/Ambulation Program – both indoors and outdoors over varied surfaces.
8. Static Balance training - while standing stationary with eyes open as well as closed, bending to pick up objects off the floor, reaching outside of one’s base of support and turning in small places.
9. Dynamic Balance Training - stepping around and over obstacles and negotiating stairs.
At the Bella Vista Health Center Physical Therapy Department, we look forward to helping you with your recovery, every step of the way. Contact us today for more information about our programs. Give us a call at (619) 644-1000.